Each year we have a few work-study positions. The position includes half off the Regular Retreat Price, bus transport to and from New York if needed, and a few other perks.
The Work-Study program is intended to serve those who are passionate about getting to the Retreat but truly can't afford the full-price ticket. We will review your application and e-mail you back to let you know if we still have spots available.
Tasks may include:
- Assisting the Director
- Assisting the Coordinator
- Assisting the Crew
- Maintaining a Rec Hall (steady drinking water supply, clear trash, mop floor in dance halls)
- Moving drums around the retreat
- Setting up class spaces
- Cleaning up class spaces
- Assisting with drum rentals
- Assisting with the Wula Store
- Assisting with Sign-Ins and Sign-Outs
- Running errands
- Backstage help at the Saturday performance
- Helpful but not required: driver's license, cell phone for texts, reading, writing, drawing, French language skills, teaching experience, performing experience, experience with Cultural Arts
Ideal candidates will be at the Retreat for the full duration (Tuesday-Sunday). We are looking for team players who can handle the stresses of a large event and who are committed to the success of the event.
Each assistant will still be able to take classes, but we may ask you for something during classes. You can tell us what you are most interested in and we'll try to make sure you can attend all those classes. You will only be working a couple hours per day, but may need to be available before and after the classes.